Now booking 2021 guided fly fishing trips on western Montana’s beautiful Blackfoot River, the Bitterroot River, and the Clark Fork River.
The summer and fall calendars are starting to fill up! So don’t hesitate to book your trip earlier rather than later.
We’re sitting near average on snow-pack and snow water equivalent for this time of year. Valley snow-pack is way down compared to recent years which should make the spring skwala and march brown fishing a little more predictable. It’s a little too soon to make a call on the summer flow outlook, but keep your fingers crossed, and continue to do your snow dance so that our rivers might be full and our skies free from smoke this summer!
Call or email to book your fly fishing trip today!
Cheers! Mark Slayden
If you’re looking to do some fly fishing in Montana, I offer guided float and wade fly fishing trips primarily on the Blackfoot River, Bitterroot River, Clark Fork River, and Missouri River. The following information will help you plan your fly fishing vacation.
Full Day: $550 (2 anglers per boat)
- Transportation, shuttle, lunch, and non-alcoholic beverages are provided.
- All trips include flies, leaders, tippets, and all other terminal tackle.
What to bring:
- I recommend a 5 or 6 weight rod for most of our rivers. If you don’t have a fly rod or if you are unable to travel with your fly rod then one will be provided for you at no extra cost.
- Waders and wading boots. I do have a limited supply of extra waders and every effort will be made to fit you in a pair of waders if you don’t have them. At the very least, you should bring rain pants and water-resistant shoes.
- Rain jacket: This is VERY important…. even in the middle of August.
- Warm cloths and extra layers: This is also very important, especially for trips in the spring and fall. If you’re here for the spring skwala stonefly hatch you’d better bring your ski parka too!
- Polarized sunglasses
- Most full day trips will begin around 8:00 a.m. and we’ll usually have you back no later than 6:30 p.m. We’ll pick you up and drop you off at your hotel or other predetermined location. The entire day can be tailored to meet your needs.
- You will need to purchase a Montana fishing license prior to fishing. You can purchase a license at any local fly shop or purchase one online prior to your arrival. Visit https://app.mt.gov/Als/Index for online licensing.
- Gratuities are not included in the quoted rates.
- All fly fishing trips will be booked through Mark Slaydens outfitter license number 16348, 4032 Rainbow Bend Drive, Bonner, MT 59823. 406-370-9882.
- If you are an outfitter and want my independent contractor info (insurance, icec, et. al.) please contact me via email or on the phone and I would be happy to furnish that information.
Deposit and Cancellation Information:
- A $150 deposit per day per boat is required to secure your trip. All deposits will be applied toward your balance and the balance of your trip is due on the first day of your trip.
- Cancellations made at least 30 days before your trip will receive a full refund of your deposit. If you cancel within 30 days of your trip, your deposit will be applied toward another trip booked within one year of your original booking. Or, if we are able to re-book your days to another group we will gladly refund your deposit.
Phone: (406) 370-9882